CPAN problem on sun-sloaris, help me

pvrprasadu

HI,

i installed the cpan shell on sun-solaris10 (sparc) machine.

While installation of cpan, i opted for the auto configure.

cpan shell is coming when i gave command(# perl -MCPAN -e shell)

I tried to install a Perl module called "SOAP::Lite" using cpan shell,

because, When i am installing SOAP::Lite by using the source,it is
asking for some other modules to install.

i wanted to install all the dependent modules.

But when i am installing it is giving errors.

cpan>install SOAP:Lite

Fetching with LWP:

ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/authors/01mailrc.txt.gz

Can't locate object method "new" via package "URI" at

/usr/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/URI/WithBase.pm line 19, <FIN> line 5

It is giving same error when i am installing any other module.

Is this a problem with Perl installation or sun-machine or cpan
configuration.

The perl version is come with the sun-machine itself, not installed on
my own.

If it is a CPAN configuration problem, then how to do it manually.

How to fix this problem

Please give me some suggetions to solve this problem.

Thanks.

PVR Prasad

Jim Gibson

HI,

i installed the cpan shell on sun-solaris10 (sparc) machine.

While installation of cpan, i opted for the auto configure.

[problems snipped]
If it is a CPAN configuration problem, then how to do it manually.

Run the cpan shell and enter 'o conf init' to redo the configuration
interactivally. Then 'o conf commit' to save changes (may be saved
automatically, but I am not sure).