cPickle vs pickle discrepancy

Zac Burns

Greetings,

I have a module that attempts to pickle classes defined in that module.

I get an error of the form:
PicklingError: Can't pickle <class 'Module.SubModule.Class'>: import
of module Module.SubModule failed
when using cPickle (protocol -1, python version 2.5.1).

The module has already been imported and is in sys.modules when the
exception is raised.

Using pickle instead of cPickle works, but the section of the code is
performance critical.

How can this be worked around?

--
Zachary Burns