    I would appreciate some clarification

    Thanks
    Paul S

    Paul S, Feb 22, 2010

  2. Paul S

    Hemant Guest

    You can either use CreateChildControls or Rendercontaint.
    if you want to use child controls you can use createchild controls(other
    controls like textbox etc) or you want to dynamically output html then use
    rendercontaint.

    Hemant

    Hemant, Feb 23, 2010

  3. Paul S

    Paul S Guest

    If I do this nothing gets rendered - what do I need to do also?

    PlaceHolder ph;
    base.CreateChildControls();
    this.ph = new PlaceHolder();

    TextBox tb = new TextBox();
    tb.Text = this.Text;
    Button bt = new Button();
    bt.Text = "Click";

    ph.Controls.Add(tb);
    ph.Controls.Add(bt);

    this.Controls.Add(ph);
    }
    protected override void RenderContents(HtmlTextWriter writer)
    {
    ph.RenderControl(writer);
    }

    Paul S, Feb 23, 2010