CreateObject Exception in ASP - Win2003 & IIS6

shall

I copied ASP( Classic) pages from NT4 to Server2003.
One asp page calls a Foxpro DLL.

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0241'

CreateObject Exception

/mypage.asp

The CreateObject of '(null)' caused exception C0000005

Microsoft Active Server Pages error '80020009'

An external object raised an error. No Error Description Available.

/mypage.asp, line 123

'''''''''''''''''''''''''' Below is the line of code that bombs ==

set oDLL = Server.CreateObject("PgmPow.fcsPow")

This exception happens sporadically.
I have registered the DLL. It works a few days or over a week before I
get the above error.

Comments?
TIA
Steve

Anthony Jones

I copied ASP( Classic) pages from NT4 to Server2003.
One asp page calls a Foxpro DLL.

Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0241'

CreateObject Exception

/mypage.asp

The CreateObject of '(null)' caused exception C0000005

Microsoft Active Server Pages error '80020009'

An external object raised an error. No Error Description Available.

/mypage.asp, line 123

'''''''''''''''''''''''''' Below is the line of code that bombs ==

set oDLL = Server.CreateObject("PgmPow.fcsPow")

This exception happens sporadically.
I have registered the DLL. It works a few days or over a week before I
get the above error.

There is a fault in the DLL. C0000005 is an Access Violation. Is this DLL
expecting to be use in a multithreaded server environment?

shall

There is a fault in the DLL.  C0000005 is an Access Violation.  Is this DLL
expecting to be use in a multithreaded server  environment?

Yes- I created the DLL as a multithreaded object.
We could have several people calling this DLL from the same web page.

Thanks.
Steve

Anthony Jones

Yes- I created the DLL as a multithreaded object.
We could have several people calling this DLL from the same web page.

Apartment Threaded
Retain In Memory
Unattended

?

What about its dependant components. Something in this binary is generating
an access violation which usually means either there is a buggy component at
play or a component is being used in an unexpected way.

shall

Apartment Threaded
Retain In Memory
Unattended

?

What about its dependant components.  Something in this binary is generating
an access violation which usually means either there is a buggy component at
play or a component is being used in an unexpected way.

Not sure- When I build it ,on server 2003, in Visual Foxpro 6, I
select option "Multi-threaded COM server (dll)
like I always have. I did NOT have this problem on NT4.
I did a "regsvr32 " on my DLL, like I always have.
I'll do some reserach on it.

Thanks.Steve