Creating a file with panel contents

Miner Jeff

Within a C++ program, how could I dump all the panel activity (while
the program is running) to a file?

Thanks,

Jeff

Christopher

I mean all the text that is written to the panel: operator prompts,
entries by the operator, and results.

You description is still pretty ambiguous.
On one hand a "panel" could be some UI element of a particular
application, on the other you might be referring to the text that
appears in your console. In the former case, it depends on your UI
library and is most likely something specific to your appliciation. In
the latter case you can use pipes (at least in a *nix based system,
not sure if the cmd window in Windows supports pipes). You can google
"Piping IO". You could also, if your application is simple, copy
everything that streams to cout, to an fstream.

Miner Jeff

You description is still pretty ambiguous.
On one hand a "panel" could be some UI element of a particular
application, on the other you might be referring to the text that
appears in your console. In the former case, it depends on your UI
library and is most likely something specific to your appliciation. In
the latter case you can use pipes (at least in a *nix based system,
not sure if the cmd window in Windows supports pipes). You can google
"Piping IO". You could also, if your application is simple, copy
everything that streams to cout, to an fstream.

I had inherited the code and hadn't noticed that a logfile (containing
the contents of the console) was already being created. Thanks for the
input.

Jeff