Creating a new Web Service in VS.NET 2010?

Asaf

Hello,

In VS.NET 2008 I can create a new Web Service by File -> New -> Web site…
menu and then choosing "ASP.NET Web Service".

I cannot find this one in VS.NET 2010 so how can I create a Web Service from
VS.NET 2010?

Thanks,
Asaf

Mr. Arnold

Asaf said:
Hello,

In VS.NET 2008 I can create a new Web Service by File -> New -> Web site…
menu and then choosing "ASP.NET Web Service".

I cannot find this one in VS.NET 2010 so how can I create a Web Service from
VS.NET 2010?

Thanks,
Asaf

You create a new Empty Asp.Net Project, and then you add the Web service
as a new item to the project.

Asaf

Hello Arnold,

I know I can create a new Web Service from an Empty ASP.NET project but it
is not the same as it is from VS.NET 2008 where it adds other folders and
many stuff at Web.config file where VS.NET Empty ASP.NET project are kind of
having nothing in Web.config and folders?

Regards,
Asaf

Mr. Arnold

Asaf said:
Hello Arnold,

I know I can create a new Web Service from an Empty ASP.NET project but it
is not the same as it is from VS.NET 2008 where it adds other folders and
many stuff at Web.config file where VS.NET Empty ASP.NET project are kind of
having nothing in Web.config and folders?

Maybe, they are pushing you to use WCF Web service project as MS is
leveraging classic Web service out in favor of WCF, and you have to do
the rest yourself.