creating forms dynamically from a flat file

lxyone

Using a flat file containing table names, fields, values whats the
best way of creating forms / html pages?

I want control over the html pages ie
1. layout
2. what data to show
3. what controls to show - text boxes, input boxes, buttons,
hyperlinks ie the usual.

The data is not obtained directly from a database.

I was thinking maybe the flat file could use xml. And maybe this flat
file could be generated using :
1. the database data and
2. a template file to indicate the controls that should appear on each
html page.

Maybe there could be existing html pages that could be used in the
generation of the required final html pages ie maybe they could
contain static data - such as layout, headings and tags as to where
fields, controls need to be placed.

Searching on this is difficult as the key words are too common :
create, html, xml, dynamic, template etc results in million+ hits.
[also posted in php but no replies yet]

case

[...]

Is this similar to what you're trying to do?
http://labs.flexcoders.nl/2007/01/02/dynamic-form-from-xml-and-two-way-binding/