    added the PreviousPageType directive along with the virtualpath
    attribute of it to page2.aspx. Help. How do I get the posted values
    from the first page?

    Jason, May 16, 2006

  2. Jason

    PeterKellner Guest

    I think you say you are pulling from a page that "has" a masterpage?
    If so, you need to reference the real control name which you can find
    by turning on trace in the page header.

    (Trace="true")

    Then, after you have the real field name, you can do something like
    this:

    Default sourcePage = (Default)PreviousPage;

    TextBox textBoxTargetWeight =
    sourcePage.FindControl("ctl00$ContentPlaceHolder1$TextBoxTargetWeight")
    as TextBox;

    Don't forget (like I did) the reference to your Default class in the

    <%@ PreviousPageType VirtualPath="~/Default.aspx" %>

    Good Luck,

    Peter Kellner
    http://peterkellner.net