Crystal Report 8.5

Rana

Hello,

I have been trying to call a crystal report from an ASP page.

I pass the stored procedure parameter in the Query string. Read that
in the Reports.asp page. Instatantiate the Crystal report and pass the
parameter. But nothing comes up. I get the following error:

-2147189176An Error has occured on the server in attempting to access
the data source

My code is based on the samples page that come with Crystal. I have
had it working earlier on a diiferent project. Can't figure out, why
it is not working on this one.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Swati

Al

First thing you have to do is make sure the crystal report .Dlls Runtime
have security right on server via IIS
and if you are using a DSN (Data Source) make sure is created on Server as
system not as file.

Good luck..!
www.netstair.com |Forum|Crystal Report

Rana

Thanks for the response Al.

I have a setup a System DSN for the report.

But I don't know how to set up the security rights on the Crystal
reports .DLLs Runtime. How do you do this and also what are all the
DLL's that we have to check the security settings for.

Thanks,
Swati