Crystal Reports + ASP again

Chris

Well I'm just a student wanting an economical approach in
incorporating crystal reports with ASP so can anyone tell
me how to handcode to use crystal reports with ASP
together?

Bob Barrows

Chris said:
Well I'm just a student wanting an economical approach in
incorporating crystal reports with ASP so can anyone tell
me how to handcode to use crystal reports with ASP
together?

Are you the one to whom I suggested using Recrystallize as a learning tool?
It makes it really difficult to carry on a conversation if you start new
threads, especially when you multipost.

You will be extremely fortunate if somebody takes the time to show you how
to do this in a newsgroup. There is just too much involved.

Did you go to the Recrystallize website? if so, you should have seen that
you can download a demo which will work for 7 days. I suggest you do this,
use the tool to generate the asp and html pages for a couple of reports,
then examine the code which was generated to see for yourself how to do it.

Alternatively, you may have some sample web reports already installed on
your machine by Crystal, expecially if you installed the components on your
web server that are required to run web-based Crystal reports. Check it out.

There should be a file in one of the Crystal subfolders on your machine
called developer.hlp (or developer.chm - I forget which) which contains
information for developers, including documentation for the Crystal
Reporting engine object model.

Another good resource is the knowledge base at www.crystaldecisions.com.

HTH,
Bob Barrows