css and javascript problems with struts - oc4j on unix

nooobody

A Struts web application we are developing occasionally displays a
page (not a particular page) with no styles applied. The second
request for the same page always has the stylesheet applied. We are
using a separate stylesheet. I noticed that when this happened once,
an image failed to load as well. This happens when the app is deployed
on a unix server but not on Windows. It also happens only when the
browser is IE, and never with Firefox. The container is embedded
OC4J.

Another problem we are having - which I suspect may be related - is
that a 3rd party help system we are using seems to not load one of its
javascript files sometimes.

Does anyone have ideas of things to check into that might be causing
these things to happen? I would like to eliminate as many
possibilities from the app itself before looking at the server
configuration.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Tim B

Wendy S

nooobody said:
A Struts web application we are developing occasionally displays a
page (not a particular page) with no styles applied. The second
request for the same page always has the stylesheet applied.

When this happened to me, it was the ;jsessionid getting appended to the
stylesheet and image URLs. (The second time, the browser had accepted the
cookie so the ;jsessionid was not appended.) I have Apache serving static
resources from /images (outside of Tomcat) and it had no idea what to do
with those URLs.

nooobody

Wendy said:
When this happened to me, it was the ;jsessionid getting appended to
the stylesheet and image URLs. (The second time, the browser had
accepted the cookie so the ;jsessionid was not appended.) I have
Apache serving static resources from /images (outside of Tomcat) and
it had no idea what to do with those URLs.

Thanks for the reply. Currently it looks like it might be an issue
with the configuration of siteminder on the the server.