CSV download from aspx page has corrupt sheet name using MSIE/Excel

Gustavo Ortega

Hello,

When I use the follwing aspx code to get a csv file via Internet Explorer in
MS Excel, after comfirm dialog box as "Open content immediately" Excel
displays a corrupt worksheet name as given in:

Response.Buffer = True

Response.ClearContent()

Response.ClearHeaders()

Response.Charset = ""

Response.AppendHeader("content-length", reportOutput.Length.ToString())

Dim type As String = Request.QueryString("Type")

Dim strFileName As String = Request.Params("FileName")

Response.ContentType = "application/csv"

Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition",
String.Format("attachment;filename={0}.CSV ", strFileName))

Response.AddHeader("Content-Transfer-Encoding", "binary")

Response.BinaryWrite(reportOutput)

Response.Flush()

Response.End()

then the CSV file opens as:

'.CSV]fille_name[1]'

This worksheet name cannot even be edited to eg. 'table_1'. Excel does not
accept any typing, complaining "wrong characters".

If I write the file to disk instead of opening it in Excel, everything works
fine when I try to open the saved file afterwards.

I don't have a clue on this... however the HTTP headed looks to come back
correctly from the server:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 17:01:31 GMT
Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0

Following the example from this header... the worksheet name will open as
follows in Excel:

..CSV]Data_Export3732(1)

Thanks for any guide...