    | Budapest University of Technology and Economics ICQ# 175564914 |
    +------------- "Olyan langesz vagyok, hogy poroltoval kellene jarnom!" -+

    ----- End forwarded message -----

    Gergely Kontra, May 5, 2005

  2. Just in case someone stumbles across this in the Google archive, here
    is the deal:

    If the field is surrounded by quotation marks, any spaces outside
    those quotation marks would be considered malformed.

    If the field is not surrounded by quotation marks, then the space is
    considered part of the field's content. If you don't want it, look at
    String#strip and its cousins.

    Charles Calvert, Oct 26, 2010