Current State of Classic ASP and ASP.NET

Roland Hall

:>: Coding for .NET can be somewhat simple as well. You need a decent IDE
: >: such as VS.NET
: >
: >VS.NET is decent?
:
: Decent as in .NET aware. You'll kill yourself coding .NET in Notepad.
: PrimalCode by Sapien looks good, but I haven't used it. From the
: PrimalScript experience I've had I wouldn't doubt it's a good IDE for
: .NET as well.

Don't think I mentioned coding in notepad as I only use that for WSH.

--
Roland Hall
or fitness for a particular purpose. */

dm4714

Hi -- can you explain the P3P Privacy settings and how it can be used for
ASP. I assume I have to somehow generate a hash P3P string or something?

What are the advantages of P3P over the Internet and the Intranet?

Adam Short

I don't fully understand all the specifics but there is information in the
net.

if you add the following line of code into the beginning of your asp source
it will send a header to the browser

<%
Response.AddHeader "P3P", "CP=""CAO PSA OUR"""
%>

The header essentially states that your site uses cookies, be them session
or otherwise, and that your site policy is not to divulge the information
collected.

The latest version of IE6 certainly uses this information to configure it's
privacy policy. As far as I know these settings are not affected within an
Intranet environment as all sites are trusted by default. This would be why
developers experience with Session Cookies on live servers and not on local
development servers.

Reference:
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/ehowes/www/misc/ms-priv-ie6_rev.htm (Very useful)
http://www.microsoft.com/winme/01mitt/01may/15364/Resources/default.htm