Custom Control

Charles A. Lackman

Hello,

I have a web control that was made in VB 6.0. I imported the control (.ocx)
into my designer and dropped it onto my web form. When I run the app it
works great. But when I deploy the web site and visit it with a different
computer there is an X where the control should be. How do I make the
control work on other people's computers?

Thanks,
Chuck

Kevin Spencer

That's not a Web Control; it's an ActiveX control. It resides on the client
machine. If it isn't on the client machine, you will get the X you
described. Hopefully, the following KB article should help:

HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

Charles A. Lackman

Hello,

I am making a web site that allows users to find a document on their
computer and send it to my server. How do I make my Aspx button click Open
a file dialogbox on the visitor's computer and then have the file save to my
servers hard drive?

Thanks,

Chuck

Kevin Spencer

Use an HtmlInputFile Control. It renders an <input type="file"...> tag in
the HTML document. This form field has a browse button that allows the user
to browse to the location of the file to be uploaded.