Customized Boot Manager in Python

diffuser78

I have to create a small visual interface program called as Boot
Manager which is customized accoring to the needs.

I have around 8 pc's and 2 linux boxes. One Linux box is always on and
all other are closed in sleep state.

I have to perform the following things:

1. Boot up all of them. I used Wake on LAN and wrote a small python
script for that. It works fine.
2. To shutdown all pc's when the work is done. For this I installed an
OpenSSH server for Windows in PC. When I send a command using ssh it
shuts it down.

Now, I have to create a visual interface for such kind of small
program.

I have 2 questions
(i) How can we use operating system specific commands like ssh within
the python program (ii) Which grphics library (wxPython or any other)
would be the fastest with least learning curve to get this thing done.

Thanks

3

3c273

Now, I have to create a visual interface for such kind of small
program.

I have 2 questions
(i) How can we use operating system specific commands like ssh within
the python program (ii) Which grphics library (wxPython or any other)
would be the fastest with least learning curve to get this thing done.

Thanks

(i)Check out the subprocess module.
(ii)If you are just looking to put a couple of buttons on a gui, I learned
to do this pretty quickly using Tkinter and one of the online tutorials.
Louis