Customizing a wizard

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Fred Dag, Jun 23, 2006.

  1. Fred Dag

    Fred Dag Guest

    Hi,
    I'm trying to customize the content generated by the Create User Wizard.

    Alternative 1) Adding custom fields to step 1
    I would like to add some custom TextBox fields to the first step. When I try
    this they
    a) don't get validated ( required ) - even though I copy the validation from
    the other controls exactly
    b) I don't seem to be able to catch the CreatedUser event.

    Is it actually possible to add custom TextBox fields to the first step of
    this wizard and save their content to a database?

    Alternative 2) Adding a new step
    If I gather the data by creating a new Step then there is no garantee that a
    user will not just complete the first step and not the last as the user
    seems to be created as soon as the first step is completed.

    Hopefully I have the details correct. It was a week ago when I was trying
    this.

    Thanks in advance.

    Fred Dag, Jun 23, 2006