cx_Oracle-5.0 Problem

Brandon Taylor

Hello everyone,

I'm Brandon Taylor, senior web developer with the University of Texas
at Austin. We're using Python 2.6.1 and having a lot of difficulty
getting the cx_Oracle-5.0 library to install on one of our MacBooks
running OS X 10.5.6.

We can get cx_Oracle to compile, but after running setup.py install
and trying to import the library, we are getting an error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/
lib/python2.6/site-packages/cx_Oracle.so, 2): Symbol not found:
___divdi3
Referenced from: /Users/mas80/Library/Oracle/instantclient_10_2/
libclntsh.dylib.10.1
Expected in: flat namespace

Can anyone shed some light on how we can solve this issue? It's a show
stopper for us of we can not connect to Oracle from Python.

Kind regards,
Brandon Taylor

redbaron

ImportError: dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/
lib/python2.6/site-packages/cx_Oracle.so, 2): Symbol not found:
___divdi3

You didn't link cx_Oracle.so all libs which it use. run "ldd -r
cx_Oracle.so" and you'll have an idea about all missing symbols. The
names of missed symbols could give you an idea what else should
cx_Oracle.so should be linked with

Brandon Taylor

You didn't link cx_Oracle.so all libs which it use. run "ldd -r
cx_Oracle.so" and you'll have an idea about all missing symbols. The
names of missed symbols could give you an idea what else should
cx_Oracle.so should be linked with

We are getting a "command not found" error for the ldd command in OS X
10.5.6

Please advise.