cx_Oracle problem

Squid

It's time for another round of "stump-the-geek". (thats what we call
it in my office)

If actual code is needed I can provide but lets start off small for
this one...

I've got a Python script that uses cx_Oracle to access an Oracle DB.
running the script from command line runs perfect
running the script as a cron job produces "Unable to acquire Oracle
environment handle" in log.

In both cases it is running as the same user, in the same environment.

any ideas???

Squid

It's time for another round of "stump-the-geek". (thats what we call
it in my office)

If actual code is needed I can provide but lets start off small for
this one...

I've got a Python script that uses cx_Oracle to access an Oracle DB.
running the script from command line runs perfect
running the script as a cron job produces "Unable to acquire Oracle
environment handle" in log.

In both cases it is running as the same user, in the same environment.

any ideas???

nevermind, I should have searched before posting...