CygWin win32ole ADODB.Connection module not found

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Jesper Quorning, Feb 29, 2012.

  1. I need Your help...

    I can not create an ADODB.Connection with cygwin/ruby.
    I can create the connection with native ruby and in a Visual Basic
    script.

    What is wrong with my CygWin ruby ?

    <ruby code>
    #!/usr/bin/ruby

    require 'win32ole'

    con = WIN32OLE.new('ADODB.Connection')
    </ruby code>

    <result>
    /minimal.rb:5:in `initialize': failed to create WIN32OLE object from
    `ADODB.Connection' (WIN32OLERuntimeError)
    HRESULT error code:0x8007007e
    </result>

    Versions:
    Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1, 32 bit

    $ ruby --version
    ruby 1.8.7 (2012-02-08 patchlevel 358) [i386-cygwin]

    Jesper Quorning, Feb 29, 2012