Data Grid

Marwa Bahaa

Dear all,
I have a dataset contains all data about students,like there contacts info
and education info and so on
I display this data set in a data grid but I want to make an option that to
choose whether to display the contact info or the education info or the job
info,how can I do that

Eliyahu Goldin

What should be the scope of the option: one record or the whole grid?

Eliyahu

Eliyahu Goldin

Then drop on the form a few checkboxes for specifying what exactly you want
to see and, depending on the user's choice, hide particular groups of
columns. Note, that you can't use autogenerated columns for that, they won't
appear in the grid Columns collection.

Eliyahu

Marwa Bahaa

The problem with me now that I don't know how to hide columns from datagrid
in the rum time depending on the user choices

Eliyahu Goldin

myGrid.Columns["columnname"].Visible=false;

As I've noted, it wouldn't work for autogenerated columns.

Eliyahu