Datagrid page redirect very slow

csgraham74

I have an issue with aspx page that displays a large datagrid. When i
click a button and display the grid everyting works fine. when i click
a button on the page which is a response.redirect to another page there
is a very long delay before the button event is fired and the page
redirects.

can anyone advise me about what is happening here and how i can speed
up the firing of the event. i take it has something to do with clearing
the datagrid.

Thanks in advance

Guest

My first thought is the data is stored in ViewState. Turn it off and you do
not have to post the data back to the button event.

---

Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

***************************
Think Outside the Box!
***************************

Joe Fallon

One way is to make the hyperlink an <a> tag in HTML and skip the postback.
In other words do not use <asp:Hyperlink> control.
I did this on a few grid pages for the same reason.

csgraham74

Ok what ive done is to remove viewstate from the form(this caused a
code error as ive inherited much of this code) and then i have removed
viewstate from the grid - removing it from the grid has made very
little difference to the speed issue.

Has anyone got any other ideas ??

my button that i use to redirect is an button under the input tag -
does this make any difference. im a bit new to html so im not fully
aware of tags and their functionality.

Thanks for all your help so far.