DataGrid refreshes twice when ItemCommand fired

alto

I have a dynamic grid w/ link buttons inside template coluns. The grid
responds to the ItemCommand evt and the user can edit the relevant
DataGridItem. The only problem occurs after an update. The grid displays the
updated values but if the user clicks on the updated grid, it is just
refreshed in a postback (i.e. showing exactly the same values), and the
editting interface appears only upon a secon click. How can I have my grid
skip the extra refresh and go in editting at once?

Note: Since the grid is dynamic I have to bind it on every postback.

TIA