dataview w/ fixed header need it to scroll horizontally

mb

I know this sounds strange, but I have set up a dataview with a fixed
header, so the header does not scroll up with the rows of data.
However, I need the header to scroll horizontally (not vertically)
when the dataview does. Is it possible to do?

Thx

bruce barker

it can be done, but its a little tricky.

you bust the view into two divs, one with the header, and one with the
scrolling data. then with javascript be sure the columns are the same width
(or defined fixed with overflow set to hidden, scroll, or auto). then with
javascript you scroll the header to match the content.

this is an advanced dhtml/javascript coding task, so you will need to get a
book on javascript coding. you can also google for scrollable tables to get
sample code.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)