Debugger?

SamMan

Peter Morris said:
Is there a debugger I can use for finding errors in
JavaScript?

Dreamweaver has one, but it may not be economically feasible for some...

Sam

Douglas Crockford

Is there a debugger I can use for finding errors in
Dreamweaver has one, but it may not be economically feasible for some...

I found Dreamweaver's debugger to be too buggy to use. Have you had better luck
with it?

There is a free debugger for Netscape 4 hidden somewhere in
developer.netscape.com. You can get the venkman debugger for the later Netscape
browsers at mozilla.com.

The best debugger currently is for IE. It comes with the version 6 Visual Studio
products. There is a free version available at msdn.microsoft.com, but it is
missing vital features.

http://www.crockford.com

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Peter Morris said:
Is there a debugger I can use for finding errors in
JavaScript?

If all you need is finding errors, you probably only need better error
messages. Both Mozilla and Opera (and even Netscape 4) gives better
error messages than IE (displayed in the "Javascript console"), so
developing your code with these browsers is much easier than with IE.

If that is not enough, you can use the debuggers other people referred
to. I have *tried* both the one for Mozilla (Venkman) and the one for
IE (Microsoft Script Debugger), but I have never needed them.

/L