Debuging Web Services Consumer

brian.mills

I'm having some trouble with Web Services. I'm using Web services to talk to
a OO database, Jade. It has inbuilt its own web services framework that is
supost to conform to the standard spec. All was working fine untill I moved
to RPC encoding/encryption. Where the types are referenced via href=-"id"
id="id" attributes. This move was put upon me because I wanted to return a
more complex data type.

now my C#.Net Web form throws an exception whenever it trys to call the web
service. as below.
System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (13, 5).
---> System.InvalidOperationException: The specified type was not recognized:
name='typesDataAttribute', namespace='', at <allDataAttributes xmlns=''>.

I'm having a lot of trouble debuging this one. Does anyone have any
sugestions how to debug this kind of situation. As far as I can tell the XML
doc produced seems to be correct coming from the service. But I'm no expert
on that.

Has anyone had similar problems when trying to transmit complex types
includeing arrays of sub objects?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dan Rogers

Hi Brian,

I think you may need to refresh the client side proxy.

Incidentally, you can return very complex data using document literal form.
If you can model it in a class, it can be serialized in document literal.
Nested children, repeating items, no problem.

Hope this helps

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation