Deploying webservice

Guest

Hi,

I just created my first .net web service and now I want to create an
installation program for it. That's why I added a WebSetup project to my
current solution and added the primary output of my web service project to it.
But when I run this setup on a different computer (with IIS of course) the
whole thing does not seem to work properly: Only the main Dll of my service
is copied - and AFAIK this isn't sufficient. So:

- What files exactly are needed to run my webservice? And what are the
correct locations for them?

- Isn't there any possibility to automatically generate a matching setup for
a .net webservice?

Thanks a lot
Peter

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Peter,

To deploy a simple Web service, you probably only need to copy the
web.config, *.asmx, and .DLL files. You need to put the DLLs into the \bin
directory, the rest in the root of the virtual directory.

I found this to be a good product for IIS installs

http://www.zerog.com/products_ianet.shtml