deploying website VS 2005

Dariusz Tomon

Hello

I have no idea how to deploy my website to another server (in virtual folder
I cannot see dlls file). Is thate any simple and quick manner to deploy web
site to another servers?

Best Regards

Dariusz Tomon

Laurent Bugnion [MVP]

Hi,

Dariusz said:
Hello

I have no idea how to deploy my website to another server (in virtual folder
I cannot see dlls file). Is thate any simple and quick manner to deploy web
site to another servers?

Best Regards

Dariusz Tomon

With the new "website" model in VS2005, you don't need to deploy DLLs,
only ASPX and CS files (code behind). The DLLs are compiled on demand.

If you dislike this, you can either

- Use the "publish" menu in the "Build" menu. This will give you an
assistant to deploy the website.
- Use the "Web Application Project" add-on for VS2005.
http://webproject.scottgu.com/
Note: The WAP add-on is not included in VS2005 SP1, so if you install
the SP1, you must uninstall the WAP add-on first!

The WAP offers the same compilation model as VS2003, so you have full
control over the produced assemblies.

HTH,
Laurent

Dariusz Tomon

Thank you for explanation but I'm trying to run my website and get error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'type'.

Source Error:

Line 2: <configuration>
Line 3: <configSections>
Line 4: <sectionGroup name="microsoft.web"
type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.MicrosoftWebSectionGroup,
Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">
Line 5: <sectionGroup name="scripting"
type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup,
Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">
Line 6: <sectionGroup name="webServices"
type="Microsoft.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup,
Microsoft.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\aplikacja2\web.config Line: 4

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2300; ASP.NET
Version:1.1.4322.2300

What could be wrong? at http://localhost/apliakcja1 - it works perfect when
I copied files to another location on the same server
http://localhost/aplikacja2 it generates above error

Best Regards

Dariusz Tomon
Laurent Bugnion said:
Hi,

--
Laurent Bugnion [MVP ASP.NET]

Riki

Dariusz said:
Thank you for explanation but I'm trying to run my website and get
error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error
configuration file required to service this request. Please review
the specific error details below and modify your configuration file
appropriately.
[...]

You probably didn't notice, but your error message mentions
that the site is running on ASP.NET 1.1.

Go to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Internet Information Manager,
right click on your web site (aplikacja2), Properties, go to the ASP.NET tab
and
change the version to 2.0.

When you upload it to another server, make sure that the same
extensions are installed on that server (I guess you're using AJAX).

--

Riki
Laurent Bugnion said:
Hi,

Dariusz said:
[...]

Hi

I changed to change the version to 2.0. and AJAX is installed but the error
is still the same ...
On my development environment I have Visual Studio 2005 with
AjaxControlToolkit set up - it's the difference between my laptop and the
remote server.

Any idea?

Dariusz Tomon

Riki said:
Dariusz said:
[...]

Laurent Bugnion said:
Hi,

Dariusz Tomon wrote:
[...]

William LaMartin

One more thing: Is the folder in question designated an application on the
server?