Publishing website with VS 2005

David Lozzi

Howdy there,

I think i figured out how to do it, but I want to confirm. When I want to
publish the site to a web server and NOT include the code behinds, I should
go to Build then Publish Web Site then specify my location. When it
completes, then copy those files to my web server. This does work, however
it creates two DLLs in the BIN folder, App_Web_xxxx.dll twice, where xxxx
are random characters. Is this correct? I know in VS 2003 it created a DLL
named after the project? is there anyway to ge tthat back in VS2005? Or is
this now the way to do things?

Thanks,

David Lozzi

Guest

You can get back that nice VS 2003 behavior and even more benefits by
downloading the Web Application Projects add-in. I use it almost exclusively
now.
Peter