Detecting IDE Devices in C++ ... Need Help

jasper

hi,

i am trying to make a very simple program that will just detect
and output your currently connected IDE devices. It will look
something like this:

IDE PRIMARY MASTER:
IDE PRIMARY SLAVE:

IDE SECONDARY MASTER:
IDE SECONDARY SLAVE:

And it will just show you what you have connected.
I have been researching for hours and hours for how to
do this and I've come up with NOTHING!

Is this even possible?

I know what you're going to say, why do that when you
can just see the same information in your BIOS when
your computer boots up. I know I can do that, but
I want a way to do it in windows.

Any and all help you can give me (no matter how small), even
a push in the right direction will be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

-jasper

Jack Klein

[...]

There is no way at all to do this in standard C++, the topic of this
newsgroup. Try a Windows programming group like