Detecting webservices progmatically...

Ric Paton

Guys,

Let me explain what I want to do, then hopefully you can tell me how I
should go about it.

__[context]

I have an XMLHTTP component as part of a project (ASP.NET), it's
contained on the toolbar and has properties that can be completed in the
properties tab.

Now the XMLHTTP component is all js client side, so the only thing the
user needs to do is drop it on, provide a source for the xml and give an
action for the client side js to do (ie: validate against the xml,
populate from xml, etc).

This is all fine and well and the client side js and server side
component work perfectly, however....

What I would like to do is offer the user the ability to assocciate the
xml source for the xmlhttp with a webservice in the same project (and
not just that, once the service has been assocciated, a specific method
will need to be defined too).

__[question]

How do I detect the web services that are currently referenced in my
project (progmatically that is, not manually)? I can only imagine that
once I am able to detect the webservices referenced detecting their
specific methods should be fairly easy (even the WDSL would be fine).

If anyone has a good ideas about this please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ric.

Tasos Vogiatzoglou

Maybe you should check the VS.NET 2003 API :

ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.2005APR.1033/vsintro7/html/vxoriextendingvisualstudioenvironment.htm
ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.2005APR.1033/vsintro7/html/vxconcontrollingsolutions.htm

Ric Paton

Tasos said:
Maybe you should check the VS.NET 2003 API :

ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.2005APR.1033/vsintro7/html/vxoriextendingvisualstudioenvironment.htm
ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.2005APR.1033/vsintro7/html/vxconcontrollingsolutions.htm
Thank you for the reply Tasos, I will do...