Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo Web ServicesAPI

seef gordon

1. Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo Web Services API's so
that you can offer a Yahoo Search via your own perl webpage. So, you'll
have to utilize the cpan/ppm tools to install the SOAP::Lite perl module,
then, you'll need to create a web form and a perl script that will utilize
the web services provided by Yahoo.

seef gordon

Sorry I did not say this before I am doing this project and need a little
assistance with what exactly to do thanks in advance for any help

Tim Greer

seef said:
1. Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that utilizes the Yahoo Web Services
API's so
that you can offer a Yahoo Search via your own perl webpage. So,
you'll have to utilize the cpan/ppm tools to install the SOAP::Lite
perl module, then, you'll need to create a web form and a perl script
that will utilize the web services provided by Yahoo.

What issues are you having doing this? Are you getting errors or
inconsistent results, or unexpected results? Is there a portion of
code you're having trouble with? Your posy sounded more like an
outline or statement, or job description, rather than a question and
asking for help with something specific. Please elaborate.

seef gordon

Okay I have this project to do for my perl class as extra credit but I
really don't know where exactly to start so I have just been gooing parts of
the task and seeing what I can come up with so am looking for some guidance
as to where to start or perhaps what exactly I would need to get this taks
done thanks in advance

Charlton Wilbur

sg> Okay I have this project to do for my perl class as extra credit
sg> but I really don't know where exactly to start so I have just
sg> been gooing parts of the task and seeing what I can come up with
sg> so am looking for some guidance as to where to start or perhaps
sg> what exactly I would need to get this taks done thanks in
sg> advance

The problem suggests starting with SOAP::Lite. That's probably a good
place to start. It also tells you to use the Yahoo Web Services APIs --
what do you know about them? Maybe it's time to do some research.

This is extra credit for you -- this means *you* have to do the work.
If you've tried something and gotten stuck, ask a specific question.
But posting vague claims that you've "just been gooing [sic] parts of
the task" and trying to get people to offer suggestions will get you
nowhere.

Charlton

Tim Greer

seef said:
Okay I have this project to do for my perl class as extra credit but I
really don't know where exactly to start so I have just been gooing
parts of the task and seeing what I can come up with so am looking for
some guidance as to where to start or perhaps what  exactly I would
need to get this taks done thanks in advance

What code do you have now? Where are you stuck? What is it doing or
not doing? Is it erroring? Is it giving unexpected results?
Inconsistent results? I'm not sure what to suggest or what to research,
since you've been given that information for the project already, so
you'll probably only be able to get help when you have something.
Otherwise someone would have to spend the time to create it for you,
and that wouldn't serve its purpose for you or the instructor. Please
post when you have something, because as it stands now, there's really
nothing to answer about to offer any help. It sounds like you know
what the assignment needs, so check out the module and service the
instructor mentioned, as it should likely be using those things to be a
valid credited assignment.

RedGrittyBrick

seef gordon wrote:

{Top-posting corrected}
Please don't top-post, please put replies below the part of the original
to which they refer and trim extranous material
Sorry I did not say this before I am doing this project and need a little
assistance with what exactly to do thanks in advance for any help

1. utilize the cpan/ppm tools to install the SOAP::Lite perl module.

2. create a web form.

3. create a perl script.

Which part are you having problems with?

Jürgen Exner

[Top-posting corrected, please don't do that]
seef gordon said:
seef said:
1. Develop a PERL WEB SERVICE that [...]

Okay I have this project to do for my perl class as extra credit but I

Good that you came clean, that's a very important first step.
really don't know where exactly to start

First step would be to ask your teacher for some advice. That's what
teachers are being paid for.

jue

seef gordon

Okay ben , please understand that am not asking for any one to spoon feed me
the answer my teacher just send me that project to do , and I have no real
idea where to start , I don't want the answer , I just want some who knows
perl to brake it down to me that all thanks for your response

Charlton Wilbur

sg> Okay ben , please understand that am not asking for any one to
sg> spoon feed me the answer my teacher just send me that project to
sg> do , and I have no real idea where to start , I don't want the
sg> answer , I just want some who knows perl to brake it down to me
sg> that all thanks for your response

Except that you *are* asking us to spoon-feed you the answer.

No fewer than five people have asked you what you are *specifically*
having trouble with.

No fewer than three people have told you that the question itself TELLS
you where to start.

If you carry on like this, you're probably not going to get any extra
credit -- and, to be honest, if this is the way you approached all the
assignments, you're probably failing and desperately need it.

Oh well. There will always be low-paid jobs in service industries, and
when you get motivated enough to do your own homework, you can return to
school then.

Charlton

seef gordon

For the record I I am not failing the class I have a B but would like an A
any way am not going to bicker I already have the answer I was looking for
thanks to RedGrittyBrick thanks for you comments also

Tim Greer

seef said:
Okay ben , please understand that am not asking for any one to spoon
feed me the answer my teacher just send me that project to do , and I
have no real idea where to start , I don't want the answer , I just
want some  who knows perl to brake it down to me that all thanks for
your response

Please don't post your reply above the text you're quoting, as it forces
people to read down to see what you're replying to. Please don't take
this the wrong way, but if you don't know where to start, your
instructor is not doing a good job, or you aren't paying attention to
what they've been teaching.

In the end, if you are given an assignment that you don't understand,
you are obligated to tell your instructor so they can help you (if not
to be able to within the confinements of what they've taught you thus
far), and it also might allow them to realize they've missed an
important aspect in their curriculum, which could help the entire
class. No one benefits if you aren't taught what to do, if you're
asked to do it.

Figuring it out on your own, potentially the wrong way, isn't going to
help either, if it deviates somehow from the actual assignment or if it
goes beyond the parameters the instructor expects you to use (like the
classic K&R book that asks you to use getchar() for their exercise,
when you'd want to use a better method (but you've not been taught that
yet, and if you do it, you probably expose the fact that you've gone
outside of the class environment and had other people do the work for
you).

seef gordon

[...]

Okay thanks for your response and to be honest as you probably already know
you were right , the information was not taught to us It an online course .
And the email stated just that so In had email my professor , but he as not
responded so that why I came here , I did the project to the best of my
ability which I just found out was wrong , but a friend came over and
helped me with soap is it was throwing error on the mac , any way thank to
all who responded I got it finish

Tim Greer

seef said:
Okay thanks for your response and to be honest as you probably already
know you were right , the information was not taught to us It an
online course . And the email stated just that so In had email my
professor , but he as not responded so that why I came here , I did
the project to the best of my ability which I just found out was wrong
, but a friend came  over and helped me with soap is it was throwing
error on the mac , any way thank to all who responded I got it finish

When you have some code, and if you run into an issue or have a
question, feel free to post that code and outline the question or
problem, and that's when you'll get the help.

A. Sinan Unur

Okay ben , please understand that am not asking for any one to spoon
feed me the answer my teacher just send me that project to do , and I
have no real idea where to start , I don't want the answer , I just
want some who knows perl to brake it down to me that all thanks for
your response

Reading the documentation for Yahoo web services would be a start.

You might want to brush up on your English before doing that.

Sinan

--
A. Sinan Unur <[email protected]>

http://www.rehabitation.com/clpmisc/