Code a web service with python/postgis

Discussion in 'Python' started by image, May 20, 2014.

  1. image

    image Guest

    Dear all,

    I would like code a web service with python. I have already imported several
    vector data
    (land cover) and one Digital Elevation Model (raster layer) into my
    postgresql/postgis
    database (server side).

    I succeed in connecting to my pg db via psycopg2.

    Client side, operators use a client application (Developed with PHP /
    javascript /
    openlayers).

    Objectives : Client side, once the layer would be selected,and once the
    operators have
    clicked on the map , they would like that usefull informations appear on
    the interface
    of the client application(kind of land cover, z of the DEM).

    => Regarding my python script, i have to type a SQL query in order to select
    usefull
    informations of the db layers. And, of course, the information must depend
    on geographic
    coordinates (Latitude Y/Longitute X).
    In a 2nd time, my script must produce a result(JSon type) for the client
    side.

    It would be possible to help me regarding the coding in order to select
    usefull
    informations of the db layers. (depends on geographic coordinates x/y ?
    Could you throw
    light for me regarding the way to do this SQL query ?

    In advance, thank you to throw light for me.

    image, May 20, 2014