DHTML and RegisterStartupScript

Kent Ogletree

I have some DHTML actions which work very well at a page level. However when
I take everything and make a control it just falls apart.

Everything comes down to my Init() function for the DHTML. When using the
code within a page I call the Init() in the body tag onload. When I
converted everything to a control I use Page.RegisterStartupScript() which
places the code right before the </form> tag. However IE throws the error
"Internet Explorer could not open the site http:..........Operation
Aborted".

However if I manually place the call to the Init function BELOW the form tag
everything works just fine. Either way I do it it works just fine in
Firefox.

Manually the below code fails:
<script >Tooltip.init()</script >
</form >

However this code works just fine:
</form >
<script >Tooltip.init()</script >

Has anyone seen this issue before and have a solution or hints to what might
be causing the issue. IE does not produce a debug message for this, rather
it just aborts the page load.

TIA,
Kent

Tasos Vogiatzoglou

I had a similar issue...

I divised a custom way to register javascripts (with literal control
and a special page class).