Disable "New Hardware found"

ZubZero

Hello,

i have to write a utility in c++ for windows 2k/XP.
But i have 2 difficult problems.
I asked many programmers i know, but none of them was able to tell me
how i can do this.

1. I would like to disable a specific USB-port (not all ports, only
one).
I have a USB Cardreader with an integrated 7-port USB-Hub.
Now i would like to disable one specific USB-Port of the USB-Hub.

2. I need to disable the "Found new Hardware" - Dialog, if there is a
new modem or mobile phone found via infrared.
If the user send a picture with your mobile phone via infrared,
Windows want to install a driver for the phone.
How can i disable this?
I found an article in Microsofts Knowledge Base about disabling USB
Storage.
I tried to disable the infrared enumeration on the same way, but then
the hole infrared port isn´t working any more.

Maybe someone has a idea?

Any help would be appreciated.
This seems to be very difficult.

regards,

Daniel

John Harrison

ZubZero said:
[...]

No, none at all. Not really surprising since this is a C++ group, and you
are asking about programming Windows hardware. Perhaps you could try again
on a Window programming group, maybe

john

Gernot Frisch

No, none at all. Not really surprising since this is a C++ group,
and you
are asking about programming Windows hardware. Perhaps you could try
again
on a Window programming group, maybe

But don't expect an answer. I don't think you can solve this problem
unless you work in the MS kernel developer team.