DLL Error when Invoking web services

Gerry Jorens

I've developed a set of services on one machine and tested
them. After installing them on the production server and
testing an invoke of any service I get the following
messages (Note: the DLL name changes with each Invoke so
it seems to be a temp file of some sort)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: File or assembly name
pjvifert.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found.
File name: "pjvifert.dll"
at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName
fileName, String codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence
assemblySecurity, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly
locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName
assemblyRef, Boolean stringized, Evidence
assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(AssemblyName
assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity)
at
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_CompiledAssembl
y()
at
System.CodeDom.Compiler.CompilerResults.get_CompiledAssembl
y()
at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile()
at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor
(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMappings
(XmlMapping[] mappings)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.XmlReturn.GetInitializers
(LogicalMethodInfo[] methodInfos)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.XmlReturnWriter.GetInitialize
rs(LogicalMethodInfo[] methodInfos)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.MimeFormatter.GetInitializers
(Type type, LogicalMethodInfo[] methodInfos)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpServerType..ctor
(Type type)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpServerProtocol.Initialize
()
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create
(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request,
HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing)

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: Where-ref bind. Location =
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\pjvifert.dll
LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/PadTracWebService
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time
(private, custom, partial, or location-based assembly
bind).
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/pjvifert.dll.