System.InvalidOperationException

pradipmaya

Hi All,

I have written a Web Service in C#.
When I try to invoke any method from the Web Service, I get the
following error.

System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to generate a temporary class
(result=1).
error CS2001: Source file 'E:\WINDOWS\TEMP\_3v5lzd-.0.cs' could not be
found
error CS2008: No inputs specified

at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String
ns, CompilerParameters parameters, Evidence evidence)
at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[]
xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence,
CompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable
assemblies)
at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[]
xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location,
Evidence evidence)
at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMappings(XmlMapping[]
mappings, Evidence evidence)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.XmlReturn.GetInitializers(LogicalMethodInfo[]
methodInfos)
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.XmlReturnWriter.GetInitializers(LogicalMethodInfo[]
methodInfos)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.MimeFormatter.GetInitializers(Type
type, LogicalMethodInfo[] methodInfos)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpServerType..ctor(Type type)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpServerProtocol.Initialize()
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type
type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response,
Boolean& abortProcessing)

I have already tried the following:
1. Tried running: aspnet_regiis -ga "NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE"
2. Tried giving full read/write access to "NETWORK SERVICE" on 'E:
\WINDOWS\TEMP'.

Ps: My setup: Windows 2003, IIS 6.0

Please let me know what am I missing here.

Regards,
DJ.

John Saunders [MVP]

[...]

This is not a generic problem. It has to do with the specifics of your web
service. Try simplifying your web service until the problem stops happening.