Does anyone know what this means? CAVIStreamSynth: System exception -Access Violation at 0x62622371,

CS Student

Does anyone know what CAVIStreamSynth: System exception - Access
Violation at 0x62622371, reading from 0x62c8d334 means? Thanks, Martin

Geoff

Does anyone know what CAVIStreamSynth: System exception - Access
Violation at 0x62622371, reading from 0x62c8d334 means? Thanks, Martin

Smells like a Windows OS exception. Go to www.microsoft.com and search
there. OT for the groups in which you posted this question.

Angel

Does anyone know what CAVIStreamSynth: System exception - Access
Violation at 0x62622371, reading from 0x62c8d334 means? Thanks, Martin

From what little I know about the inner workings of Windows, I'd say the
program CAVIStreamSynth tried to read a memory location it is not
allowed to read. You get that sort of thing when you mess up array
indexing or pointer arithmetic.

This is more a question for comp.os.windows, though.

Shao Miller

Does anyone know what CAVIStreamSynth: System exception - Access
Violation at 0x62622371, reading from 0x62c8d334 means? Thanks, Martin

My guesses:
- the program has a bug
- the program has been compromised by a virus

Either way, the description appears to have little to do with C, but the
comp.lang.c newsgroup seems to focus on the C language. In fact, I
would guess that "CAVIStreamSynth" implies that the failing component is
programmed in C++, as the "C" there might be an abbreviation for "class."

Having said that, maybe try running the program using Microsoft's WinDbg
(part of the Debugging Tools for Windows). Good luck to you.