    evaluating a product and I am not sure I want to recommend an ASP
    classic product that should be migrated by now (I think anyway).
    Guidance and thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

    needin4mation, Jun 7, 2006

  2. me as a Developer or me as a Client...?

    as a Developer, I perfer to jump to .NET 2.0 because of the future
    revisions, updates, etc...

    as a Client, They only want that to work, they do not care what's behind
    (code, language, server, etc)...

    you need to see if you as a client want to spend a "LOT" of money in
    something that in a future time you canot update, or as a developer is
    beeter to start under ASP.NET 2.0 and use the nice funcionalities that the
    framework give to you - better coding, faster design, faster programing (see
    the GridView component for example, you have in 5 lines of code a table that
    the user can see, select, update and remove, and see how many lines that you
    need to perform such task in ASP 3.0)...

    ASP.NET 2.0 is more secure and more reliable than ASP 3.0, but the answer
    still remains...

    ....think in a client side, or developer side!

    --

    Bruno Alexandre
    (a Portuguese in KĂžbenhanv, Danmark)

    <> escreveu na mensagem
    But if you were going to pay a LOT of money for something that is
    mission critical would you want the abilities of .net or classic ASP?

    Bruno Alexandre, Jun 7, 2006

  3. Well, I'm kind of both. I develop, but I also evaluate products and
    make recommendations. It's very difficult to me (as a developer),
    knowing the technology utilized, to recommend something that I know is
    "old." I know that "old" has many current usages, and is used by lots
    of people, and that all, perhaps, I should care about is if it works.

    I also know the value of the new, however. And that makes it difficult.

    needin4mation, Jun 7, 2006