DotNetNuke - Any suggestions?

Pat

Does anybody have any suggestions on DotNetNuke.
Is it easy to use and install?
Should I use it or not?

I'll appreciate if I get any suggestion on it.

Thanks, Pat.

Brian Simmons

Without taking up too much of your time, could you give me a few highlights
as to: why?

I was just considering using DNN, but value your opinion as to why not to
use it.

Thanks,
Brian

javad

i think DNN is best for use
i think it have very firendly interface for admin and very easu to manage
the content of your site
i think the library of it is very classic and have high level standard
i use it , and very enjoy it

Mark Rae said:
[please don't top-post]
Without taking up too much of your time, could you give me a few
highlights as to: why?

I was just considering using DNN, but value your opinion as to why not to
use it.

It's written in VB.NET.

It has a totally unnecessary 10-directory-deep application tree.

Cryptic default rewriting scheme and modification is not very
straightforward. The more often than not results in very low search engine
visibility.

Very awkward administration.

It's almost impossible to modify DNN without a huge amount of work.
Basically, if you want to deviate even slightly from the standard
templates, you're in trouble. You can spot a DNN site at 100 paces, just
like you could with a FrontPage site...

Etc.

javad

i think DNN is best for use
i think it have very firendly interface for admin and very easu to manage
the content of your site
i think the library of it is very classic and have high level standard
i use it , and very enjoy it

Mark Rae said:
[please don't top-post]
Without taking up too much of your time, could you give me a few
highlights as to: why?

I was just considering using DNN, but value your opinion as to why not to
use it.

It's written in VB.NET.

It has a totally unnecessary 10-directory-deep application tree.

Cryptic default rewriting scheme and modification is not very
straightforward. The more often than not results in very low search engine
visibility.

Very awkward administration.

It's almost impossible to modify DNN without a huge amount of work.
Basically, if you want to deviate even slightly from the standard
templates, you're in trouble. You can spot a DNN site at 100 paces, just
like you could with a FrontPage site...

Etc.

Guest

Thanks everybody for your comments.

Pat.

I think it's a matter of taste... I just recently saw an example of a
corporate sites based on DNN (tarkettna.com, azrock.com). I think I
will never use it myself, but take a look at the links, you can do a
lot with it

Jitendra

i have many years of experience to work with CMS as a Programmer, What i
found DNN is the best that provides very strong backbone library structure
with exposing our customization with enhancement. I found most of DNN
clients are more then happy by fully editable and configurable CMS with
desired custom modules too. I really appreciate a effort that provided behind
development of DNN team.

Surely, i will suggest DNN for Content Management System

Thanks,
Jitendra