Download a page as a file.

Mufasa

I have a spot in my website where I will generate a list of stuff and then
people will want to download it. Now I could make it so that cut and paste
it but I'd rather have it that they click on a button/link/something and
have the system automatically ask if they want to open/save/cancel the file
(they will want to save it locally and use it later.)

How do I go about doing that?

TIA - Jeff.

Guest

I have a spot in my website where I will generate a list of stuff and then
people will want to download it. Now I could make it so that cut and paste
it but I'd rather have it that they click on a button/link/something and
have the system automatically ask if they want to open/save/cancel the file
(they will want to save it locally and use it later.)

How do I go about doing that?

TIA - Jeff.

To force Save As dialog you need to add Content-Disposition header

For example:

Response.ContentType = "image/jpeg";
Response.AppendHeader("Content-Disposition","attachment;
filename=SailBig.jpg");
Response.TransmitFile( Server.MapPath("~/images/sailbig.jpg") );
Response.End();