downloading Emacs using ftpx

Jean-Benoit MORLA

Hi

I would like to download Gnu emacs.
At the moment there is a link to a ftp site.
I can't get to this link using Internet Explorer so I tried
downloading and installing ftpx.
I don't know how to enter the url link to the ftp site in ftpx
Can someone help me?
Many thanks for your reply

Phillip Lord

Jean-Benoit> Hi

Jean-Benoit> I would like to download Gnu emacs. At the moment
Jean-Benoit> there is a link to a ftp site. I can't get to this
Jean-Benoit> link using Internet Explorer so I tried downloading and
Jean-Benoit> installing ftpx. I don't know how to enter the url
Jean-Benoit> link to the ftp site in ftpx Can someone help me? Many
Jean-Benoit> thanks for your reply

There are more mirrors for Gnu software than you could shake a stick
at. You might want to try one of these instead.

For instance...

ftp://ftp.cs.univ-paris8.fr/mirrors/ftp.gnu.org/emacs/emacs-21.3.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.cs.univ-paris8.fr/mirrors/ftp.gnu.org/emacs/leim-21.3.tar.gz

should get you a quick download.

Or if you want windows binaries...

ftp://ftp.cs.univ-paris8.fr/mirrors/ftp.gnu.org/emacs/windows/emacs-21.3-fullbin-i386.tar.gz

unless you are on a slow connection in which case...

ftp://ftp.cs.univ-paris8.fr/mirrors/ftp.gnu.org/emacs/windows/emacs-21.3-bin-i386.tar.gz

which is much the same, but 5M smaller.

Cheers

Phil