drag & drop div like BBC

Alpha Omega

HI,
i'm new in this newsgroup. I would ask you if there is some javascript
framework that can reproduce BBC site drag and drop... I saw JQuery...
but it's not complete...

hi guys!

1

123Jim

Alpha Omega said:
HI,
i'm new in this newsgroup. I would ask you if there is some javascript
framework that can reproduce BBC site drag and drop... I saw JQuery... but
it's not complete...

hi guys!

Which bbc webpage do you mean?
link?

David Mark

purcaholic said:
BBC uses it's own JavaScript library, see http://www.bbc.co.uk/glow/.

Check out http://www.bbc.co.uk/glow/docs/1.7/api/glow.dragdrop.shtml
for more details.

Don't bother. It's _all_ browser sniffing. Why use the products of
incompetents?

And I can reproduce anything they do on their site with no library at
all. My stuff will run to eternity, theirs until the next new
browser(s) come out (then you download a new copy of "Glow" and pray
they have "kept up" with the "major" browsers as promised).

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

David said:
Don't bother. It's _all_ browser sniffing. Why use the products of
incompetents?

ACK. There are also repeated property accesses in loops, `window' misuse,
needless/error-prone getAttribute()/setAttribute() aso. And that's only
their dom.js.

Apparently the mentioning of classes in documentation for a prototype-based
solution is becoming yet another clear indication of clueless coding
underneath.

PointedEars