dynamically adding buttons to an ASP page

Patrick

Hello,

I have an ASP page, where I want to add buttons dynamically.
I used C# and a for-loop do to this. The button generating code looks
like this:

Button bt1 = new Button();
bt1.Text = "Download";
bt1.ID = "" + id;
bt1.Click += new EventHandler(download_Click);
Placeholder1.Controls.Add(bt1);

The code worked fine for me until I embedded this page into a
Masterpage.
Now nothing happens when the button is clicked.

The method "download_Click" is never called.

How can I fix this?
BTW I noticed that the client_id and the uniqueID of the button change,
after it is added to the placeholder.

TIA,
Patrick

Karl Seguin [MVP]

Make sure that the button is getting readded on postbabk during or before
page_load. Dynamically added controls aren't automagically readded on
postback, but they need to be there and their events hooked in order for
everything to work.

Karl