ECMA-262-3 in detail. Chapter 6. Closures.

Ivan S

Ok, are there any thoughts/additions/corrections about the technical topic exactly?

I'm busy lately, but I'll try to do some corrections this weekend.

I hope you'll translate chapter 2 and 4 (and others). :)

Ivan S

He isn't professional translator. He is a developer. I'm not going to
defend grammar mistakes. I do it everyday, but of course i'm working
about my English. The grammar mistakes are certainly bad, especially
when readers native langugae is English. But case with that article is
different. The original article is writen on Russian and presented
version here is translation by Dmitry on English. I prefer to read
articles with grammar mistakes instead of technical mistakes. So from
this point of view, the article of Dmitry is good and useful for
people, which wants to improve theirs knowleadge in ES.

Yes, of course. I'm glad to see a good article, especially because I
have just started to learn ECMA/JS in more depth and because there are
a lot of badly written articles on internet.

John Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message
Thu, 4 Mar 2010 00:27:00, Dmitry A. Soshnikov
I'm not sure about this. Is it so in English grammar? In Russian
grammar there's no space before any punctuation sign (except dash
which has surrounding spaces).

I was referring to the JavaScript, not the English.

Nowadays in English a space is not normally used before a colon or semi-
colon; but in my copy of Lord Macaulay's Essays and Lays of Ancient Rome
(including /Horatius/ [in <http://theotherpages.org/poems/rome.html>],
which all should have read), printed as recently as 1902), such a space
is used consistently.

Such spaces would be useful when using some present-day fonts.

Dr J R Stockton

In comp.lang.javascript message
Sat said:
While Lord Macauly (1800 - 1859) is certainly highly relevant to all of
us, there are more recent examples: in my copy of Dr John R Stockton's

It is bad manners, or intentionally offensive, to mutate someone's name
into another form which that person does not use. You have in the
quoted part done that twice.