ECMAScript interpreter for .NET

Pavils Jurjans

Hello,

I am developing a .NET project where I want to give end users ability
to extend our application by writing their own clumsy JavaScript code.
My vision is that user would have place in XML configuration file where
he could write his code. The only way to communicate from the
JavaScript code with the application would be global App object, which
would contain set of documented methods and properties. The code could
look like this:

<onsave>
var msg = "Saved on " + (new Date());
App.message(msg);
</onsave>

I hope this is the right newsgroup to ask this, because my dream
complies with the spirit of providing end users with powerful
extendability via standard scripting language.

The problem is, I could not find any project like ECMAScript
interpreter for .NET. Perhaps there's none existant. But maybe someone
on this group has developed something similar? Would be great to know!

Thanks,

Pavils

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Pavils said:
[...]
The only way to communicate from the JavaScript code with the application
would be global App object, which would contain set of documented methods
and properties. The code could look like this:

<onsave>
var msg = "Saved on " + (new Date());
App.message(msg);
</onsave>

The problem is, I could not find any project like ECMAScript
interpreter for .NET.

JScript as supported by ASP.NET should suffice. But I wonder what
App.message(msg) is supposed to do, even it is only an example.
Perhaps there's none existant.

Perhaps there is.

PointedEars