End user draw an image and post back to webserver?

M O J O

Hi,

I'm creating a webapplication where the end user must fill in a form,
draw an image and post it back to the webserver.

My problem is, that I can't figure out, if it's possible to have the end
user draw an image and post it back. I don't mean the end user must
upload it drawing, but he must click "Save" and then it must be psoted
back to the webserver.

Is there any applet, flash or other tools making this possible?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
M O J O

billmiami2

We have used an ActiveX control to capture signatures and save them to
a file. We've used it with web applications for the tablet PC. The
control allows the user to sign his/her signature with the stylus. The
control is placed on the server and is downloaded into the browser
along with the rest of the page. Details on this approach can be found
on

http://windowsforms.net/articles/iesourcing.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnnetcomp/html/PPCSignatureApp.asp

This works fine if your users are limited to Internet Explorer. Also,
I believe that we needed to have Win XP SP2 installed on the client in
order to make this work properly. If this is not your case, you will
need another approach. Also, the signature control may not fit your
needs if you want users to be able to draw more complicated images with
colors and other features. However, there may be another ActiveX
control that you can use for this purpose.

Bill E.
Hollywood, FL