Enterprise library error.

john wright

I am developing a site for work and on my machine I keep getting the
following errors. It happens randomly and I cannot fix it. I have to stop
and restart the server and try various other dongles to get it to reset.
Any help is appreciated:

Server Error in '/RISS' Application.

Configuration Error

Parser Error Message: Access is denied:
'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common'.

Source Error:

Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
Line 198: <add assembly="*"/>
Line 199: </assemblies>
Line 200: </compilation>

Source File:
c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line:
198

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
why the assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common' could not be
loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common
(Partial)
LOG: Appbase = file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/RISS
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : (Unknown).
===

LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/riss/4a7a4183/76897067/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/riss/4a7a4183/76897067/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/RISS/bin/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.DLL.
LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
partial, or location-based assembly bind).
LOG: Post-policy reference: Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common,
Version=1.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

that can happen sometimes if other files are using the resource like
antivirus programs, the indexing service, third party visual studio
components. I used to have that with XML spy and turned it off. see if that
helps.

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]