Enterprise Library Error

Guest

Visual Studios 2005 - Asp.Net 2.0 - C#

I've started a website on a remote server (Windows 2003/Asp.Net 2.0) and a
solution to develop the website on my local development machine (WinXP -
Pro). I added a reference to EntLib 2 (Data, Common and ObjectBuilder) for
use in data access. When I try to build the solution I receive the following
error (and build failure).

-------------------------
Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder,
Version=1.0.51205.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its
dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from
HRESULT: 0x80131417)
-------------------------

I've tried to setup up two different websites/solutions (to make sure it
wasn't a problem with the project) and received the same error in both
projects.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil

Sonu Kapoor

Have you used the Enterprise library for .NET 2.0 or the standard 2.0 version? If the latter one, then you will need to compile it against 2.0 and then you could re-reference it in your 2.0 Project - Or you could just the new version, which is for .NET 2.0 :)

Sonu Kapoor [MVP]

Guest

Thanks for the reply.

I'm using EntLib 2.0 that was released January 2006 for .Net 2.0. I can
(and have) used it if I'm developing a project entirely on my local machine,
but it throws the error I mentioned if the project resides on a remote
machine and I'm trying to connect to and develope it on my local machine.

Thanks!

Guest

I am having the exact same problem. Has anyone found the solution for this?
Please help...

Thanks,
Tim

Joined
Nov 1, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
=?Utf-8?B?UGhpbA==?= said:
[...]

I was getting the same problem. Fixed it by setting <trust level=”Full”/> under the <system.web> section in Web.config