Error Code 80070545 when trying to run Web Service on anothercomputer

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by samadams_2006, Apr 7, 2008.

  1. Hello,

    I'm trying to access a Web Service on another computer. I'm new to
    this, so I don't know if the .NET Framework was installed properly, or
    the Web Service is corrupt, or I don't have enough permissions, etc.

    Anyway, When I try to asscess this Web Service by running the
    following url in my ie web browser:

    http://acompany.com/WebServiceTest3/Service1.aspx

    I get the following error:

    Server Application Unavailable. The web application you are
    attempting to access on the web server is currently unavailable.
    Please hit the "Refresh" button on your web browser to retry your
    request. Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of
    this specific request failure can be found in the application event
    log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what
    caused this error to occur.

    When I look into the event logs, here's the error which seems to have
    occurred:

    aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
    80070545. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
    insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure
    that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on
    the installation directory allow access to the configured account.

    Can anyone tell me how to resolve this?

    Thanks.

    samadams_2006, Apr 7, 2008

  2. Sounds like either:

    1. The application is configured for a different version of the .Net Framework than
    the application is configured for in the server's ASP.NET tab in the IIS Manager

    or

    2. the application is in an application pool configured for a different version of the
    .Net Framework than the one the application is configured for in the IIS Manager.

    Most likely the latter.

    Check that out, reconfigure, and post the results.

    Juan T. Llibre, Apr 7, 2008